Friday 10 September 2010

Olivia Arthur (Magnum Women No. 2)

'When I am asked about my work, one of the questions that often comes up is 'How much difference does it make that I am a woman?' And I have to agree that it does make a huge difference, that plenty of the situations I have been in would not have been accessible to a man, or if a man had been present the atmosphere would have been very different.' -Olivia Arthur
Born: 1980, UK
Magnum nominee: 2008

Fatima says her midday prayers. A poster of her uncle, who is a wedding-dj, on the wall
(Iran: Beyond the Veil)

A young married couple in a migrant-worker community on the edge of Tehran
(Iran: Beyond the Veil)

(In the Name of God)

(In the Name of God)

Koran School for Girls. Faith, Turkey
(The Middle Distance)

Getting ready for a wedding party. Istanbul, Turkey
(The Middle Distance)

The prison dining room. Tibilsi, Georgia
(The Middle Distance)

No comments:

Post a Comment